Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 0

Hello All-

This is the first post on the night before I leave on my PGL (personal growth leave) motorcycle tour. I plan to travel from Maine to California, stopping in Santa Fe to visit Pittis, where I will meet up with Karen & family for a few days of R&R in the wine country and then head back home via Cleveland for an Indians game and a visit with Boomer and Cindy. I expect to be gone five weeks and will try to keep people up to date by posting on this blog. One thing I wil try and do is to post a map of each days travels like this:

pre-trip example at EveryTrail




I am hoping to a be a bit more creative as the trip goes on but I am a bit harried right now on erev departure.

The first I remember knowin' was that lonesome whistle blowin'
And a youngin's dream of growin' up to ride.
On a freight train leavin' town, not knowin' where I was bound
No one could steer me right, but mama tried.
-Merle Haggard

3 comments:

  1. Have a fun trip Fred! Travel safe. Go where the water tastes like wine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe on your journey! Looking forward to a few microbrew messages along the way!

    There is a road, no simple highway,
    Between the dawn and the dark of night,
    And if you go no one may follow,
    That path is for your steps alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil-

    Good idea, I hadn't even thought of local beer drinking. I would have gotten there on my own.

    Cheers,
    Fred

    ReplyDelete